113: Diversity, marketing, and an honest conversation about race with Ida Asare
Meet Ida Asare from On a Heal
In today’s conversation, I chat with Ida Asare from On a Heal. Ida is a therapist and coach for women in business who want to get things done. We chat about productivity, and her strategies to leverage it. We also talk about race. As a woman of colour here in Australia, Ida has a unique perspective that we can all learn from. We’re going deep today. I ask questions about token invites, things white people should stop saying and the best way to respond if someone “calls you out”.
Ida is a productivity coach and mentor, using her background as a counsellor and psychotherapist to help women overcome the barriers that stop them from doing the things they need to do and building a life that they love. She mostly works with women in business, and her strategies are simple, effective and unique.
If you want to learn more about the importance of being inclusive as a brand, and doing so with the right motives, this episode is for you. Ida offers us honest, helpful ways we as people and brands can be more authentically diverse in our businesses.
Biggest takeaways from Ida Asare
- Ida’s unique take on harnessing procrastination when it comes to productivity [08:18]
- A game-changing strategy for measuring your energy [13:48]
- The concept of ‘burnout’ for women in business [17:45]
- Ida’s own challenges in business as a woman of colour [24:31]
- The truth about motives when it comes to inclusion [27:35]
- How to make someone aware that they are displaying a lack of diversity [36:49]
- How to discern the integrity of businesses and people when they try to be inclusive [43:04]
Review & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
“I think My Business Playbook is the best thing since sliced bread.” – If that sounds like you, please subscribe to and review the show! (Or even if you think My Business Playbook is just the best thing since, I don’t know, sliced ham.)
Seriously though, your love and support enable me to create more podcasts, with more amazing guests who can teach you and me so, so much about business. (And it also makes me feel pretty good about myself…)
So Click here, scroll to the bottom, give us a bucketload of stars, write a heartwarming review, and hit subscribe so you don’t miss a THING about business.
Links mentioned in this episode
- Lala Social Club
- Laura on Instagram
- Ida on Instagram
- Anti-Racism Daily – Daily Newsletter
- Check Your Privilege
- Glographics on Instagram
- Join the My Marketing Playbook Waitlist
Places to enjoy the podcast:
Previous Episodes to Checkout: